REDCap is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. REDCap is available to all UCSD faculty and staff, and to users outside the organization who have sponsorship from UCSD faculty.
- Electronic Data Capture
- Design of forms for electronic data capture
- Import/export of data
- Secure storage of data, documents, and files
- Online surveys
- Mobile, offline collection of data
- Reporting/data analysis
+ Expand All
- Go to the ACTRI Service Request Form
- Select “Biomedical Informatics” as the Service Type
- Select “REDCap Access” as the Biomedical Informatics Service
- Fill out the requested fields: Division, User Info and P.I. Info
- Click “Submit”
Upon clicking “Submit”, a notification will be sent to the REDCap Support Team. We will process your request and send the access form to the user and P.I. via DocuSign
Once the Application Support Team has received the approved DocuSign form please allow two-business days to create your REDCap account.
- While REDCap may be used to store PHI, it is not CFR 21 Part 11 compliant. If your project requires compliance with CFR 21 Part 11, you will need to use the Velos system.
- The use of REDCap is audited and misuse of REDCap and associated data, including unauthorized access to patient records, can result in the revocation of this privilege and possible disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment and possible civil and criminal prosecution.
- Any protected health information (PHI) is not to be migrated or transferred from the containing system without a fully executed Data User Agreement (DUA).
How much does REDCap cost?
Currently, REDCap is provided by the ACTRI Grant at no charge to users.
Custom work, such as forms or reports, may incur a charge.
How do I access my REDCap account?
Access to REDCap is currently controlled through the UCSD Active Directory (AD) system. These are the same as your UCSD email (omit “@ucsd.edu”). AD accounts are granted by the ITS Service Desk
If you are accessing REDCap from outside the university firewall, you will also need an Active Directory account to access the VPN.
Is there REDCap training?
Once granted access to the REDCap application, all users have access to extensive training videos, located on the REDCap home page.