To Place An Order:
Please acknowledge the GlycoAnalytics Core if the data generated by the Core is used in publications: "Analysis of ___ was performed by the UC San Diego GlycoAnalytics Core."
BRF2 Room 4243
9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0687
La Jolla, CA 92093-0687
Find us on campus in BRF2 (map)
GlycoAnalytics accepts payment via UC recharge, check, or wire transfer only. Credit card payments are not accepted. Payment is due within 30 days of invoicing. Partial charges may accrue for long-term analytical projects.
Sample Submissions Should Include:
- A completed Request for Analytical Services form
- Details about analyses to be performed
- Approximate amount of material present (e.g., 10 µg)
- Salt-free, detergent-free, and dried samples
Control ("Blank") Samples
It is often desirable to include a control sample that closely mimics the composition of the sample matrix, especially if:
- environmental contamination by glucose/xylose polymers (from clothing and paper dust) is an issue;
- the sample is of low abundance;
- the sample preparation involves several steps.
As a rule, the GlycoAnalytics Core will provide data for positive and negative controls which reflect the analytical steps performed in the Core for no charge. However, blank samples provided by investigators to obtain optimal results from their analyses will be billed as an additional sample.