UC San Diego 's Bridge to Residency Program is offering a highly-customized education and training program designed for scholars who are seeking
Residency matching preparation in North America. The goal of this program is to provide participants with
structured didactic and
clinical skills training that will prepare them for successful participation in the
National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) or Canadian Resident Matching Service (CRMS).
Participating Scholars will have the opportunity to master their clinical skills and knowledge through
standardized patient sessions,
special procedure training and a
principle to practice course. In addition , scholars will participate in Graduate Medical Education preparation designed to successfully guide them through the match application process.
The Bridge to Residency Program is geared towards recent international medical graduates interested in gaining an overview of the setting in a major U.S. academic medical center, as well as medical residency preparation. The program can also be tailored to other international health care professionals in: Medicine, Pharmacy or Dentistry.
- To expand knowledge of the health care system in the U.S. and how it operates including the role of various medical staff and electronic health records.
- To provide direct experience in comprehensive & standardized patient care scenarios including policies & procedures as well as professional communication standards.
- To increase knowledge of ethics and professional standards in the U.S.
- To provide the opportunity for clinical observerships at UC San Diego Medical Center and affiliated sites.
- To facilitate the development of relationships with faculty mentors for successful residency matching and career development.
Duration of Program
This is a 1-year program with the option to extend.
The Bridge to Residency Program is unique in that it provides participants with:
Bridge to Residency Program Certificate
Didactics for clinical skills and knowledge enhancement
Hands-on training through simulation and standardized patient experience
Clinical Observership Opportunities
Residency Matching Preparation
Click the Apply Now link above to go directly to our online application form