By utilizing your TritonLink Single Sign-On credentials you can log on the Med Ed Web Portal (MWP). Many of you have previously established your credentials as prompted by the secondary application process or by your previous enrollment at UC San Diego.
Medical Education Web Portal
If you cannot login to the MedEd Web Portal or do not know your UCSD email/AD username and password:
- Make sure you have established your TritonLink account, know that password and have recorded your UCSD PID. If you are unsure, follow the first process below titled, "To establish your TritonLink Account with the Single Sign-On procedure."
- If you DO KNOW your TritonLink account, password and UCSD PID, then follow the procedure "To obtain your Campus Username and Synchronize your Password on Campus Systems" described below.
Note: Sometimes your single sign-on (SSO) password does not match your email password (also used for the MWP), and you need to assert that password again for all systems (or you can set a new one). If you know your campus username/password and PID but still cannot login to the MWP, then follow the procedure "To obtain your Campus Username and Synchronize your Password on Campus Systems" described below to assert your password onto all campus systems again.
New Students to UC San Diego
To establish your TritonLink Account with the Single Sign-On procedure The following instructions are provided for those entering students that have not established a TritonLink Account. The TritonLink account provides access to your UCSD Personal Identification number (PID) and gives you an opportunity to create a secure “single sign-on” password with a security question/answer to enable password retrieval in the future
You will need your AMCAS ID, the email address listed on your AMCAS application, your city of birth and date of birth.
Information Technology Services
- Enter your data on the form - input your AMCAS ID in the Application ID field. Click Continue.
- After authenticating yourself, your PID will be displayed. Write it down or print the screen to retain it for future use.
- Create your security question/answer and your password. Click Continue.
- When it redirects you to TritonLink Information for students page, ignore any links there (since they are intended for undergraduate students) and proceed with the "To Obtain your Campus Username ..." section below.
Note: Keep your password between 7 - 8 characters to avoid password issues with other campus systems.
A successful password change within TritonLink will also automatically reset your Active Directory/email password; you will just need to wait 30 minutes for it to propagate to your email and MWP account.
If TritonLink tells you that you can't change your password "at this time", you may have answered your security question incorrectly or entered other incorrect data. In that case, please retry the steps above.
Campus Username and Synchronization
If you do know your TritonLink account and password, then follow this procedure to obtain your username and synchronize your password across the campus system.
Educational Technology Services
- Input your last name and PID.
- Click Submit Query.
- Your username will be displayed. Retain this for future use.
- Click your username and your email address will be displayed.
- Click the "Change your Password" link. Use this Change Password link to re-assert your existing (Application/TritonLink) password and activate access to your official UCSD email and other campus/MedEd online resources.
- Use the Change Password form to activate your official UCSD email account. If your existing password (Application/TritonLink) is of good quality (secure), you may re-use it - enter it as both your current and new password.
- If you do not remember your current password, scroll down to the last option and reset your password by using your TritonLink/SSO security question/answer.
Remember: After a successful password change you will just need to wait 30 minutes for it to propagate to your email and web portal accounts.
Once completed go to the MWP website
and login using your username and password.