By utilizing your TritonLink Single Sign-On credentials along with Duo Two-Step authentication, you can log on to various systems used by Medical Education - such as the Canvas LMS and MedHub management systems. Many of you have previously established your credentials as prompted by the application process or by your previous enrollment at UC San Diego. For new incoming students, skip down to the "New Students to UC San Diego" section.
Medical Education System - Canvas
To access the Canvas LMS
and Orientation Information, login using your UCSD email/AD username and password. You should register for two-step login authentication for both instances of Duo.
If you cannot login to Canvas or do not know your UCSD email/AD username and password:
- Make sure you have established your TritonLink account, know that associated password and have recorded your UCSD PID. If you are unsure, follow the process for "New Students to UC San Diego" shown below.
- If you DO KNOW your TritonLink account, password and UCSD PID, then follow the procedure "Campus Username and Synchronization" described below.
- Be sure to register a device for Two-Step Login Authentication. Health Sciences' students should register for both the Campus & Health instances of Duo.
Note: Sometimes your single sign-on (SSO) password does not match your email password, and you need to assert that password again for all systems (or you can set a new one). If you know your campus username/password and PID but still cannot login to Canvas, then follow the procedure "Campus Username and Synchronization" described below to assert your password onto all campus systems again.
New Students to UC San Diego
The following instructions are provided for those entering students that have not established a TritonLink Account. The TritonLink account provides access to your UCSD Personal Identification number (PID) and gives you an opportunity to create a secure “single sign-on” password with a security question/answer to enable password retrieval in the future.
You will need your AMCAS ID, the email address listed on your AMCAS application, your city of birth and date of birth.
- Visit the
Information Technology Services New Applicant Setup page.
- Enter your data on the form - input your AMCAS ID in the Application ID field. Click Continue.
- After authenticating yourself, your PID will be displayed. Write it down or print the screen to retain it for future use.
- Create your security question/answer and your password. Click Continue.
- When it redirects you to TritonLink Information for students page, ignore any links there (since they are intended for undergraduate students) and proceed with the "Campus Username and Synchronization" section below.
A successful password change within TritonLink will also automatically reset your Active Directory/email password; you will just need to wait 30 minutes for it to propagate to your email and MedEd accounts.
If TritonLink tells you that you can't change your password "at this time", you may have answered your security question incorrectly or entered other incorrect data. In that case, please retry the steps above.
Campus Username and Synchronization
If you do know your TritonLink account and password, then follow this procedure to obtain your username and synchronize your password across the campus system.
- Visit the
Educational Technology Services Account Lookup page.
- Input your last name and PID.
- Click Submit Query.
- Your username will be displayed. Retain this for future use.
- Click your username and your email address will be displayed.
- Click the "Change your Password" link. Use this Change Password link to re-assert your existing (Application/TritonLink) password and activate access to your official UCSD email and other campus/MedEd online resources.
- If your existing TritonLink password is of good quality (secure), then you may re-use it. Enter it as both your current and new password.
- If you do not remember your current password, then scroll down to the last option and reset your password by using your TritonLink/SSO security question/answer.
Remember: After a successful password change you will just need to wait 30 minutes
for it to propagate to your email and Medical Education accounts.
Once all the above steps are completed, go to the Canvas website
and login using your username and password. Canvas accounts will be activated in mid-June. Be sure to register a device for Two-Step Login Authentication. Health Sciences' students should register for both the Campus & Health instances of Duo.
HS cloud email
Follow the steps below to login to Health Sciences Cloud EMail. Note
: During May & early June, incoming email accounts may not be active yet, but should be by the second week of June.
- Use Outlook Web Access: HSemail.ucsd.edu
- For your username, use a variation of
your email address that identifies you as a Health Sciences client:
firstname.lastname@example.org (sometimes username is truncated to 8 characters)
If you have any login issues, please email your username and PID (but NOT your password) to the Medical Educational Technology Office
. The issue will be investigated further by that group and responses are usually sent within 8 - 24 business hours.