This program is designed for motivated undergraduate students from groups that are underrepresented in health sciences on a national basis and who are interested in seeking future training in a combined MD/PhD program or an academically oriented career in medicine.
- Principal focus is an 8-week research project conducted in the laboratory of a faculty member in the biomedical sciences
- Weekly seminars/workshops
- A physician-scientist clinical shadowing experience
- Presentation of your work at Annual MSTP-SURF Research Symposium
- Stipend for the eight-week period - $4,160
- Includes room (not board)*
- $500 Travel allowance for transportation to and from San Diego*
*Note: If the program is virtual in 2021 due to the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic, these will not be included.
Please visit the FAQ page for additional information about the SURF Program.