Physicians currently training in a domestic ACGME accredited program and interested in a rotation with UC San Diego Health need to first contact the UC San Diego Health training program to discuss a possible rotation. The
Credentials Verification page provides contact information for all UC San Diego Health training programs. Please note that Elective Rotations are accepted at the discretion of the individual training program.
Physicians from Balboa Naval Base, Scripps (Green and Mercy), Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD), and Eisenhower Medical Center rotating at UC San Diego Health, please complete the following steps to ensure you are registered properly for your rotation:
1. Contact the GME Office
Call or email
Ann Zultner no less than 4 weeks prior to the start of your rotation to discuss UCSD GME registration requirements and scheduling. You will not have computer access until the first day of your rotation.
2. complete documents and training
Complete and provide the following documents no less than 3 weeks before your rotation start date. Note we require a
TB screen within 3 months of the beginning of a rotation.
Please read the following documents and complete the orientation courses in the UC Learning Center prior to the start of your rotation.
HIPAA Compliance Memorandum: Please read.
Information Security Awareness Information Sheet: Please read.
UC San Diego Health Sciences - Code of Business Conduct: Please read.
- UCSD Health - Core Compliance Training
- You will receive an email before you start your rotation with instructions on how to complete required orientation courses in the UC Learning Center. Courses will be assigned to you and must be completed as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours after your start date.
- Core Compliance Training includes these topics: Code of Conduct, UC Ethical Conduct, Conflict of Interest, Fraud, Waste and Abuse; HIPAA Privacy/Security Rules; and Information Security Awareness.
Electronically sign the Computer Security and Use Statement
3. During your GME Office appointment
- You will receive information necessary to access UCSD's computer and clinical applications.
- Obtain a temporary ID badge.
- Arrange for parking during your rotation.
4. Upon Completion of your Rotation
You are responsible for returning your badge to Security (Mail Code 8843). Failure to comply will result in a fee to have a badge reissued for subsequent rotations.
At least 3 weeks before your rotation is scheduled to start, please contact the GME office and provide the dates of your planned rotation and the UCSD program name. Residents who return for more than one rotation in a given academic year will be scheduled for an appointment in the GME office at the beginning of each new rotation to reactivate their computer access and to update their ID badge. The academic year runs from July 1 - June 30.
Parking and Directions
For parking information and directions to the Graduate Medical Education Office, please see our map.
Parking permits are required on University property at all times, 24 hours a day, including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Parking permits and day passes may be obtained from the parking office located in the Bachman Parking Structure, Level 2.
Paid short term Visitor parking is also available in the Arbor Drive Parking Structure. Payment is made at a pay station. Pay stations do not dispense change.
House Officers holding B permits from the Medical Center may park in the Bachman facility and in designated areas on the UCSD campus.
For the VA Medical Center, parking permits may be obtained at the VA Police Office in the main entrance on the first floor. There is no charge for your parking permit at the VA. You must provide your auto license plate number to receive your permit.
Ann Zultner (619) 543-8254