Every month, certain departments send a specified FTE (typically one
or two residents at a certain RP level) to a designated affiliate
hospital (i.e. Kaiser, Scripps Mercy, City of Hope, Planned Parenthood,
CHHC L.A.). The affiliate hospital then pays UCSD for the services at a
per diem rate. Our office must invoice our affiliates based on the
number of days that our residents worked at the affiliate hospital. This
data is provided by the department.
Affiliate Reimbursement Billing forms should be sent by the 7th of
each month for the prior month. It is essential that Affiliate
Reimbursement forms are sent by this deadline so that we may meet our
obligations to our affiliates. Please e-mail all requests to the Benefits Coordinator . Affiliate Reimbursement is based on each weekday a
physician works. Each day is counted as one full day, no matter how many
hours the physician did or did not work for that day. Weekends,
holidays and sick days are not taken into account for affiliate
reimbursement billing. Please only include weekdays when calculating the
net number of days worked.
Please use the Affiliate Reimbursement Billing Form to fill out your
Affiliate Reimbursement Billing forms should contain the following
- Name of affiliate hospital (i.e., location)
- Level of housestaff (e.g., RP1, RP2, RP3, etc.)
- Name of housestaff (full first and last name)
- Start and end date of rotation at affiliate hospital
- Dates of any vacations or sick days
- Net number of days worked (please omit any weekend days worked,
holidays, vacation days, and sick days)
- For a list of holidays, please refer to the HOPPD.
- Please note, each day is counted as one full day, no matter how
many hours the physician did or did not work for that day.