The Office of Graduate Medical Education subsidizes certificates for all ACGME-accredited programs. For any non-ACGME accredited programs, please contact
Imprints for your certificates.
Please e-mail all requests to the
Benefits Coordinator. For accurate tracking of your certificate requests, please use the Certificate Request Form. Certificate requests must contain the following information:
- Physician name and degree (as you would like it to appear on the certificate)
- Note: The standard convention is that the degree is punctuated (i.e., M.D. with the periods, instead of MD)
- Type of program (i.e., Internship, Residency, Chief Residency, Fellowship)
- Department (e.g., Internal Medicine, Surgery, etc.)
- Start and End dates (month, day, and year)
Internships officially begin June 23th and end on June 30th
Fellowships officially begin on July 1st and end on June 30th
- Note: The standard convention is that dates are in Month Day, Year format (i.e., June 30, 2015instead of 6/30/15or June 30th, 2015, etc.)
- Signature lines (e.g., Dean, Program Chair, Interim Program Chair, Program Director)
- Any special requests (e.g., Please send original certificate to: [address].
Late Certificate Requests, Corrections and Duplicates
Any certificate requests sent after provided cutoff date will be assessed a $35.00 fee per request form. This fee will be assessed regardless of the number of certificates requested on your form.
All certificates that were sent with errors and require corrections will be assessed a $35.00 processing fee per certificate. Duplicate requests will also be assessed a $35.00 per certificate processing fee.
Please submit a Certificate Request Form and a Chartstring to be used to forward the funds to OGME.
You may also elect to submit your certificate request to
Imprints. They will typically have a faster turnaround time as they have dedicated
staff to fulfill your request. Please make sure that the GME office receives a
scanned copy of your completed certificate (with all of the appropriate