Contacts: Benefits Coordinator (619) 543-7820
Deadline: April 9th
The Office of Graduate Medical Education subsidizes certificates for all ACGME-accredited programs. For any non-ACGME accredited programs, please contact
Imprints for your certificates.
Please e-mail all requests to the
Benefits Coordinator. For accurate tracking of your certificate requests, please use the
Certificate Request Form. Certificate requests must contain the following information:
- Physician name and degree (as you would like it to appear on the certificate)
- Note: The standard convention is that the degree is punctuated (i.e., M.D. with the periods, instead of MD)
- Type of program (i.e., Internship, Residency, Chief Residency, Fellowship)
- Department (e.g., Internal Medicine, Surgery, etc.)
- Start and End dates (month, day, and year)
Internships officially begin June 23th and end on June 30th
Fellowships officially begin on July 1st and end on June 30th
- Note: The standard convention is that dates are in Month Day, Year format (i.e., June 30, 2015instead of 6/30/15or June 30th, 2015, etc.)
- Signature lines (e.g., Dean, Program Chair, Interim Program Chair, Program Director)
- Any special requests (e.g., Please send original certificate to: [address].
For certificates required for the end of the academic year, please turn in your certificate request by April 9th, so that we may obtain all of the appropriate signatures prior to any graduation ceremonies or before the resident is unable to pick up their certificate from your department.
Please note, our office will only accept the
Certificate Request Form via
email as other formats severely limit our ability to track the certificate creation process.
Late Certificate Requests, Corrections and Duplicates
Any certificate requests sent after April 9th will be assessed a $25.00 fee per request form. This fee will be assessed regardless of the number of certificates requested on your form.
All certificates that were sent with errors and require corrections will be assessed a $25.00 processing fee per certificate. Duplicate requests will also be assessed a $25.00 per certificate processing fee.
Please submit a
Certificate Request Form and complete the
Recharge Form. The Recharge Form should be submitted with a $25 flat fee for late certificate requests.
You may also elect to submit your certificate request to
Imprints. They will typically have a faster turnaround time as they have dedicated staff to fulfill your request. Please make sure that the GME office receives a scanned copy of your completed certificate (with all of the appropriate signatures).