This course is designed for multidisciplinary head and neck cancer providers including medical oncologists and speech-language pathologists and will offer a blend of didactic, interactive experiences highlighting state-of-the-art head and neck cancer management. Renowned faculty members will demonstrate the most up-to-date information regarding head and neck cancer immunotherapy, and multidisciplinary management to optimize functional outcomes. Speech-language pathologists will learn novel diagnostic and therapeutic techniques to promote the highest functional outcomes.
Medical oncologists, surgeons, speech-language pathologists and other clinical experts relevant to both fields, including laboratory scientists, nurses, residents and social workers.
Upon the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the clinical benefits of multidisciplinary head and neck cancer care
- Interpret and assess the full array of diagnostic and therapeutic tools available to manage complex voice and swallowing disorders
- Discuss the advances in the areas of medical, surgical and radiation oncology in individuals with head and neck cancer
- Examine novel approaches, targets, and therapies relevant to immunology in head and neck cancer
- Summarize major changes in biomarker development in head and neck cancer
Registration and General Information
UC San Diego School of Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
9500 Gilman Drive, MC0947
La Jolla, CA 92093-0947
Phone: (858) 534-3940 or (888) 229-6263
Fax: (858) 534-1896
Program Information, Commercial Support and Exhibitor Opportunities
Maureen Helinski Clarke, CMP
Phone: (858) 534-1302
Fax: (858) 534-1896
Thanks to the generosity of Hanna and Mark Gleiberman, we recently celebrated the newly named Hanna and Mark Gleiberman Head and Neck Cancer Center. Their gift broadens the depth and impact of our cutting-edge head and neck cancer research program, and supports innovative clinical care for our patients and their caregivers.