UC San Diego Health Sciences (UCSDHS) Office of Compliance and Privacy is dedicated to providing support and guidance to members of our community. The healthcare industry can be high-risk in nature, which makes remaining compliant with internal and external regulations especially important. Having an effective compliance program is essential to keeping operations running smoothly in order to provide high-quality and safe patient care.
Seven Elements of an Effective Compliance Program
The following guidelines have been outlined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. UCSDHS Office of Compliance and Privacy has built the program around these fundamental building blocks.
- Written Policies, Procedures and Standards of Conduct
- Compliance Officer, Compliance Committee and High Level Oversight
- Effective Training and Education
- Effective Lines of Communication
- Well Publicized Disciplinary Standards
- Effective System of Routine Monitoring, Auditing, and Identification of Compliance Risks
- Procedures and Systems for Prompt Response to Compliance Issues
This content editing box is for the main content of your page.