The University of California San Diego
School of Medicine and
UC San Diego Health are dedicated to providing cutting edge medical care to all of its patients. This is in part accomplished by recruiting and developing the finest physicians in the country. The Academy of Clinician Scholars (AoCS) is a society of clinicians at UC San Diego that have been elected by their peers in recognition of a track record at UC San Diego of being superb and active clinicians, teachers and investigators. The Academy’s goal is to both recognize UC San Diego’s best clinicians as well as to create an environment that develops and nurtures all clinicians at UC San Diego.
The UC San Diego Health Sciences Academy of Clinician Scholars (AoCS) is the body of distinguished faculty recognized by their peers for exceptional clinical skills, their commitment to patient care, medical education, and the advancement of new medical knowledge. The Academy creates a legacy of excellent healthcare delivery by fostering the continuous professional development of UC San Diego’s clinician scholars.
The purpose of the Academy of Clinician Scholars is to promote clinical scholarship, to enhance clinical excellence in healthcare delivery, and to strengthen the ranks of outstanding clinician scholars at UC San Diego by:
- Recognizing and rewarding UC San Diego Health Sciences faculty who have achieved the status of outstanding clinician scholar;
- Providing funds for continuous career development of the clinically active faculty;
- Serving as a voice for the interests of the clinical faculty at large;
- Nurturing a sense of community among clinicians;
- Promoting the mentoring role of the faculty;
- Providing leadership in the training of clinical medicine;
- Raising awareness of UC SAN DIEGO’s clinical excellence in the regional, national, and international medical community;
- Sponsoring lectures and seminars which address topics of interest to all clinicians.